Some of the foods that we usually consume, alcohol, tobacco or the air we breathe (especially in cities) contain harmful substances that damage our body. Little by little, our body becomes full of toxins so, despite the cleaning work done by the liver, the kidneys, the lymphatic system or the skin, from time to time it is highly recommended to give it a break and make a cleansing or detoxification diet.
What is a detoxification diet?
The term detoxification refers to the elimination of toxins. Taking this into account we can say that the detoxification diet is a diet based on natural foods with a high content of micronutrients that help the body to eliminate toxic waste and other impurities that hinder its proper functioning.
Some of the foods frequently used in detoxification diets are superfoods since a small amount of them offer us an important contribution of vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients beneficial to our health.
Juices to detoxify
We often associate the word diet with less tasty foods. However, everything is a matter of knowing how to properly combine and prepare the foods that we are going to take, since being healthy does not have to be at odds with being good.
These are some juices that we encourage you to incorporate into your detoxification diet to make it easier and more pleasant for you. All of them include superfoods specially indicated to cleanse the body of harmful substances.
- Green juice: 1 cucumber, 2 apples, 100 g of fresh spinach, 1 stalk of celery, 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder, 1 teaspoon of chlorella powder, the juice of 1 lemon.
- Citrus juice: 1 grapefruit, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
- Red fruit juice: 250 grams of red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries …), 200 ml of almond milk, 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
- Wheat grass juice: The juice of 2 lemons, 2 apples, 150 ml of water, a teaspoon of wheat grass powder and 1 piece of ginger.
- Carrot juice: 2 carrots, 2 apples, 1 stalk of celery, 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder.
And in addition to diet …
For detoxification to be effective and we can cleanse our body of all organisms that attack it, it is important not only to take a cleansing diet and free of toxins, but to acquire some habits of life that contribute to improve our physical health and relieve us of affections of the mood like stress. Here are some tips:
- Sleep well: Rest is necessary to enjoy good health, both physical and mental. To restore your body after daily wear it is advisable to sleep approximately 8 hours a day. To also improve the quality of our sleep, it is advised not to perform activities that involve a high physical or mental effort during the two hours before sleep and to try to follow a regular schedule that allows us to always dedicate the same time of day to sleep.
- Practice sports: Physical activity is another necessary ingredient in any detoxification process. Exercising our body helps us eliminate impurities and relax our mind.
- Do outdoor activities: Contact with nature is key to our well-being. For this reason, and especially if your work causes you to be locked up all day in an office in front of a computer, we recommend doing outdoor sports (in natural areas). You can run, walk or ride a bicycle. So, in addition to enjoying nature, you will save your gym fee.
- Have fun: Finally, to complete our detoxification successfully we must spend a little time each day doing what we like best: reading, watching movies, dancing or meeting our friends. This will help us to clear our mind of any concern and focus on enjoyment.